March 5, 2020
Dear KJP Families,
We at Kehillah Synagogue and Preschool have been closely following news related to COVID-19. The health and well-being of our children, families, and employees is our top priority, and we want to share with you the additional precautions we are taking to reduce the transmission of all contagious illnesses in our schools.
The current risk to our families and staff remains low. We are in regular communication with local Infectious disease experts, Orange County health department and our licensing consultant about best practices to prevent the spread of not only COVID-19 but also of the flu and other contagious illnesses.
We will consistently and diligently follow general preventative measures like these below, and we encourage you and your families to do the same:
● Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve; practice these steps with your child
● Wash your hands and your children’s hands regularly
● Avoid touching your face and gently remind children to do the same
● Avoid close contact with people who are sick
● Stay home – and keep your child at home – if symptoms are present. Remember our sick policy states that children with a fever higher than 100 degrees must be excluded until fever-free without fever-reducing medication for 24 hours. Other symptoms like green/yellow nasal discharge, vomiting, diarrhea, and headache/earache/stomach pain will be excluded as well
In order to limit the prevention of all communicable diseases, we need your cooperation. It is imperative that children and staff showing any symptoms of illness stay home.
We also ask that you wash your hands and your child’s hands each morning when you enter the classroom. We have long encouraged this practice, and it is especially important during this particularly rough cold/flu season. You will see new signs posted on classroom doors this week with this suggestion. They will remain posted as a continuous reminder. We have also increased the frequency and rigor of our environmental cleaning procedures for added protection.
We immensely value the privilege of educating and caring for your children every day. We are grateful to all of our families for the trust and confidence placed in us. The precautions above ensure that every measure is taken to provide a safe, healthy, high-quality learning environment.
From all of us, thank you for your understanding and shared efforts to protect all of our children.
Krystal Glass, Preschool Director